The PAYE Interim Reconciliation runs from 1 September 2012 to 31st October for the 2013 year of assessment. Submit your Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501) and Employee Income Tax certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] for the transaction period 1 March to 31 August 2012 before the 31 October 2012 deadline to avoid penalties.
8 Point Checklist
- Submit your declaration as early as possible to avoid the rush and avoid any penalties. This will allow you to consult with SARS if you have any problems. The submission must include the EMP501, applicable IRP5/IT3(a) certificates, these must not be issued to employees unless they have left the employment of the company, and EMP601 if applicable.
- Use the latest E@syfile software to submit your EMP501 and certificates to SARS. Download the latest version from www.sarsefiling.co.za
- Check on the updates to the IRP5/IT3(a) and introduction of new and re-actiavted source codes. Medical scheme tax credit code 4116 has been added for any employee who has employer contributions 4005 on their certificate.
- Request your reconciliation declaration forms from E@syfile or any SARS branch office.
- Submit your PAYE Interim reconciliationthrough the right channel. Complete your return on E@syfile and submit it via your e-filing profile. Or you can save it to disk and submit it at your nearest SARS branch.
- Note the changes regarding duplicate submissions. New controls are in place to stop duplicate submissions whereby only the amended certificates will be submitted to SARS
- Get help from the PAYE recon assistant. If you reconciliation fails across any of the 3 elements (EMP201, Certificates, Payments) you can use this tool to correct them. You can access this on www.sars.gov.za
- Visit www.sars.gov.za for the latest information